Not everyone’s home is going to be spotless, but, with a little help from everyone in the household, it can be close! Below are some tips from Parents Magazine to help you get your family and your home clean and organized!
- The Chore Wheel: Make up a wheel with each of the family chores written on it. Spin the wheel weekly to rotate the jobs amongst each member each week. Avoids boredom and spreads the work out evenly to keep it far.
- Responsibility Chart: Post a Responsibility Chart with daily chores on them. Have your kids check off the ones that are complete and offer a treat at the end of the week if chores were checked off every day.
- Ready, Set, Go!: Make everything a race. From cleaning up their rooms to taking out the trash and washing dishes. Makes it more fun and everything’s done much faster
- Make it Make Cents: Pay them! Teach them responsibility and how to budget their money at the same time. Pay them 10 cents a chore and encourage them to save the money up for a specific item they want. They’ll have a goal to reach and realize you have to work for what you want!
- Last but not least, use My Job Chart (click on the link): My Job Chart is the free, easy to use, online chore chart and reward system for organizing and motivating your kids to learn first hand how to Save, Share and Spend. Kids earn money then they can set it aside to save, give to charity, or buy rewards you set. An incredible website that offers parents and kids an invaluable tool!
Image Credit: Cielo de la Paz