The mother of my children and I have come to a mutual agreement regarding custody of our children. Over the years we have come to terms that we are NOT good for one another, but that should not stop us from raising our kids properly. Or as proper as we can without living in the same house hold. Our agreement is simple, she has them for 6 months and I have them for 6 months. We split the tax return and during the 6 months that she has them I see my kids on weekends or every other weekend, and vise versa. Yes everyone I talk to asks me why we don’t try to work it out as we would have a beautiful family. Yes I hate the fact that this is the way that things have to be in order to be fair with regards to raising our kids together separately. Yes it’s ultimately STUPID. However we must make the best of a bad situation, and find positives in the midst of all the negatives. Right now the mother of my children has the kids until August and I will see them on the weekends starting March 2013. The kids were in my custody since August 2012. I look at the time I spend away from them as a time to be smart with the decisions I make so that when they come back I can have things better for them. This is a chance for me to fix all the adverse areas of my life. So far so good. I was able to decrease my expenses dramatically, as well as increase my income dramatically. Aside from that I can plan all the special trips for the weekends that I do see them because my time away from them makes the love for them intensify something fierce! Anyway, I hope that none of you ever have to go through joint custody but if you do try your hardest to make the best of it, if it is your only option.
Did you enjoy this post?
You may also like...
Tweet With Us
- Get Daily Dad InspirationSign up for free updates
Like Us On Facebook
We’re New To Google+, Welcome Us
New in the World of Dads
- Awesome Motivational Video Reminds Us to be the Tortoise Not the HareDecember 15, 2014
- Infographic: 7 Sleep Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making and How to Fix ThemDecember 15, 2014
- How To Design a LogoDecember 15, 2014
- Infographic: 8 Leadership Lessons You Can Learn From SantaDecember 11, 2014
- Join us Tuesday for the #TVEverywhere Twitter Party And Win An iPad Mini + More!December 5, 2014
- 5 Ways Parents Can Get the Most of the InternetNovember 28, 2014
- Lebron James Speaks Out Regarding Football Decision For His SonsNovember 20, 2014
- Mother’s Day Gift Idea Twitter PartyApril 11, 2011
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Your Wife When She Tells You She’s PregnantApril 5, 2011
- Ohio Mom Goes to Jail For Lying To School District To Get Kids Into Better SchoolJanuary 26, 2011