I thought I would take a different approach with 5 things you should know when becoming a father.. There are far more than 5 things you need to know, but most of them you’re already aware of, or have read about. Here are 5 silly things to think over instead:
1. Singing AC/DC to your baby within hours of birth will NOT make them a Rock & Roll fan. Pop music rules in my house right now.
2. When you’re given a “special” outfit from friends/family…Put it on the child and take a picture. They spend so much time in onsies that by the time you want to use the “special” clothes, they don’t fit.
3. While delicate, children are not fragile. They don’t break when they fall over.
4. In the first 2-3 weeks, sleep when the baby sleeps. It really does not matter if the house needs cleaning. You need to be coherent.
5. Give your wife/baby mama a break. Even if it’s just to take the little bundle with you to the store, do it. Mom will love ANY chance to do nothing for more than ten minutes. After a feeding, load up the baby and go. Doesn’t matter where. Just let mom have a silent house.