Whenever I spend any good amount of time with the homies the conversation eventually turns to our kids and what does or doesn’t work when it comes parenting. Being the practical and curious dude that I am. I wanted to find out how some of the dads I know we’re getting it done.
Mark Henry is married the father of a son and daughter and lives up the way from me here in Austin. I’ve observed Mark’s parenting skills up close and he agreed to sit down with me and answer a few questions on the topic. I should also mention that Mark is a 2 time Olympian, a Pan Am Games Silver Medalist, Arnold’s Strongest Man and WWE World Champion.
1. @Mykel42: What do your kids learn about being a dad from watching you?
@Themarkhenry: Work ethic the time I put in to make our life comfortable. As well as how to love and share with each other.
2. @Mykel42: As a father would you say you’re closer to Cliff Huxtable, Mike Brady or Bernie Mac?
@Themarkhenry: Definitely Bernie Mac! I’m a clown at home with the fam.
3. @Mykel42: One word that describes your parenting style?
4. @Mykel42: How many kids do you have….how many did you originally want?
@Themarkhenry: I have two 6yr old boys and a 2 yr old girl. I wanted my own basketball team.
5. @Mykel42: What area of your parenting needs the most work?
@Themarkhenry: Patience and not over expecting.
6. @Mykel42: Who’s parenting style do you most admire?
@Themarkhenry: My wife. she is such a great teacher.
7. @Mykel42: Whats your favorite meal to cook for your kids?
@Themarkhenry: Grilled salmon and broccoli with rice.
8. @Mykel42: What dream do you have for your kids?
@Themarkhenry: To see them use the exposure they have gotten from our lifestyle to be great people.
9. @Mykel42: Who is easier Girls or Boys?
@Themarkhenry: Neither one is easy.
10. @Mykel42: How many times have your kids blocked your bedroom action in the last year?
@Themarkhenry: Every night they try to sleep with us, but I say no every time…Thinking it’s going down.